Billy gets BSOD

S. Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Sat Jan 8 18:49:35 EST 2005

On Fri, 7 Jan 2005 13:17:12 -0800 (PST)
Michael Phillips <linux478 at yahoo.com> wrote about Re: Billy
gets BSOD:

> Very nicely put
>
> Michael
> --- "Kevin E. Glosser" <keg at adelphia.net> wrote:
>
> > green_man wrote:
> > > http://www.linuxlinks.com/portal/news/article.php?story=20050106135807214
> > > * Oops: Blue Screen Of Death Interrupts Gates' CES
> > > Show *
> >
> > I don't like making fun of Microsoft. Fortunately, they
> > do a good job of doing it to themselves. :)
> >
> > I came across the video of it occurring and it was
> > brutal to watch.
> >
> > On one hand, I feel sorry for Bill. You know, he's up
> > there demonstrating his product that he is proud of, and
> > it fails like it probably won't ever again.
> >
> > I've had the experience of creating software and then
> > demonstrating it, knowing there was a bug found in it at
> > the last second, that was a 1/1,000,000 chance of
> > occurring and then sweating it out. Time seems to stop
> > in those circumstances as you wait to see if the person
> > testing the software out, will succeed in finding the
> > one scenario where it will break. :)
> >
> > Then, on the other hand I'm glad things like this
> > happen. If you go to our site today, you'll see an
> > article about Microsoft's new anti virus software they
> > are releasing.
> >
> > Yes, they plan on charging Windows users to remove
> > viruses and spy ware that they can't keep out.
> >
> > Hopefully, I didn't start an Anti-Microsoft explosion
> > with this email. We don't need to resort to name calling
> > to show dissatisfaction. Let the name calling stay on
> > their side of the fence. We can make a difference by
> > continuing to use Linux and helping those trying to make
> > the switch.
> >
> > KEG
> > http://www.linuxlinks.com

> around http://mail.yahoo.com

Yes, you have to feel for the guy, but still, the
demonstator machine ran out RAM. You'd think someone would
have tested it. Then instead of an apology for technical
difficulties, and please give us a moment or two, imagine
the program works and I'm using it.
That's what really got me laughing.

I read the AV article that same night, but figured I'd let
others find it and draw thier own conclusions, so it didn't
turn into a slamming thread.

--
S. Lawton
Sylpheed 0.9.3