Slackware / slapt-get repositories

Dave Mangani dmangani at adelphia.net
Fri Jan 7 16:49:32 EST 2005

John Seth wrote:

>These are some of the mirrors I use with Swaret (http://swaret.sf.net/). I
>usually use the first in the list as it always seems pretty fast, though,
>with any mirror... it takes time to update from Slackware's main site.
>
>ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/slackware/slackware-$VERSION
>ftp://ftp.slackware.no/pub/linux/slackware/slackware-$VERSION
>ftp://ftp.slackware.at/slackware-$VERSION
>ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/slackware/slackware-$VERSION
>ftp://ftp.slackware.com/pub/slackware/slackware-$VERSION
>
>- Tony

Thanks for the reply and information John. Being new to slackware, I
made a mistake. Aparently An "official" slackware repository needs to
remain in the config file for dependency purposes... In my infinite
wisdom I ahhhh..... removed the official slackware repositories and
replaced them with other ones.... In doing so, the other repositories
fell back looking for a slack repo to fullfill dependencies... Oppps. Oh
well. I added back in the official repo's and all is well now.

Thanks again

Dave