Fun thread.

Dennis Ruzeski dennisr at corp.kanoodle.com
Wed Jan 5 15:07:29 EST 2005

It's not what Linux can do, it's what Windows can't do-- Protect itself.
To show why I like Linux better, I mention things like msblaster, nimda, mydoom, sasser, etc...
Then I show them my CERT mail archives with about a 15:1 Windows to Linux alert ratio and if I'm at my home, I demonstrate how easliy a windows machine can be compromised.
Lots of people are impressed with eye candy, so although I use windowmaker, I also show them a prettied up gnome, kde, and enlightenment environment.
Then I give them a knoppix cd and say try it first with no commitment.

As far as apps go, I like Openoffice (free vs. ~$300) GIMP, Blender, Gaim, and k3b.

--Dennis