Can't Login to Fedora

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Thu Feb 17 22:23:08 EST 2005

Timothy J. Finucane wrote:

>I have been playing around with a copy of Fedora to get used to the way
>things work with Red Hat (My other car is a SuSE). Today I used up2date
>to get all of the updates on the box complete. However, after doing the
>updates and then rebooting the machine I no longer get a login screen
>after bootup. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how I fix it
>without redoing the entire machine?
>
>You help is appreciated.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Tim

Are you using NVIDIA's downloaded driver? Because if you are, you will
have to reinstall it for the new kernel. Or you could edit your
/etc/X11/xorg.conf file and change your driver back from "nvidia" to
"nv" in the meantime. Another reason that tends to happen is when your
hard drive fills up. Boot into init and check those things, and check
your logs. -Jesse