apt-get

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Thu Feb 17 14:31:41 EST 2005

Advent Systems wrote:
> If anyone has installed/setup apt-get before do you select just the
> closest geographic repositories & mirrors or are you suppose to select
> them all?
>
> Thanks.

Go to http://atrpms.net/ and download the atrpms-kickstart package for
your distrobution. That will automatically set you up with some good
mirrors, and you can add some later by googling around. Or by asking me
once you've got it all set up. After you install it, it will tell you to
run "apt-get update && apt-get upgrade", and that will update your apt,
and remove the kickstart package and update your mirrors too. Good luck
-Jesse