CD Burning

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 13 10:47:17 EST 2005

--- frank at mogosystems.com wrote:

> k3b is installed but the burns get errors. I am not sure how to read them.
> The
> initil message says choose a slower burning speed but 1X is as slow as it
> gets.
>
> SCSI buffer size: 64512
> /usr/bin/cdrecord: Cannot allocate memory. Cannot get SCSI I/O buffer.

How much RAM/SWAP is in your system?  It looks like it can't create a buffer.
(I think that number above is in kbytes (not 100% sure, so that works out to 64
megs),  if you have low ram already it is probably failing because of the
allocation of one large block of memory isn't completable.

Try running the cdrecord command as root and see if it succeeds, if so the
setuid perms on cdrecord are probably incorrect.

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk