USB drives

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Feb 8 08:38:53 EST 2005

Yes, lsusb is a probably the best way to look at the device, it will
give you the vendor and product number from which you can google to find
out what the device is more precisely.
As far as partitioning it, I've done it but like Dave suggested, I would
kept it with the type that it was originally. I usually see them to be
FAT16 and until they come out with flash drives in excess of 2GB, I
don't think you'll see that change. I also wonder why I see those drives
usually with just a 4th partition, i.e. /dev/sda4. You could experiment
with it by making other partitions/splitting them but who know, that
device number might be where the windows driver looks for it, but give
it a shot, if it doesnt work well you can always repartition back to the
way it was.