[nflug] OSX Like Desktop Switcher

pirrone pirrone at localnet.com
Fri Dec 30 01:53:16 EST 2005

Mark T. Valites wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Dec 2005, Frank Kumro wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know of a linux app that does the cool transition effect
>> between desktops like OSX has?
>
> 3ddesktop

Want to second what Mark so accurately but tersely said.  What you are
looking for is indeed 3DDesk.  On my cutting-edge SMP system all I do is
press alt-3 in Fluxbox (an action set in the ~/.fluxbox/keys file) and
the screen immediately recedes into the background and assumes its
position as the current face on the cube, arrow keys whirl the cube
clockwise or counter-clockwise, and enter brings the present face back
to the foreground.

All very cool, but I only use it when I'm trying to kill someone with
the elegance, efficiency, and productivity of GNU/Linux and Fluxbox.
What can be faster than alt-F1-F4?

Frank