[nflug] Selecting a printer in Firefox 1.07 & 1.5

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Dec 28 13:39:46 EST 2005

Hi.  I do almost all my printing through my duplex package (shell
scripts).  Most applications let me specify a program to print - like
lp, or in my case, dplx.  Firefox only shows me the printers I have
defined to cups - none of which use my script.

How do I get Firefox to let me print to my script?

(I know I can print to file and then use the script, but I don't always
want to do that.)

I had a look at the cups user manual, but didn't see anything obvious
about how to add a filter, etc. for my scripts.

I am using mandrake 9.1, HP 895Cse, hpijs driver.

TIA

Joe

--
"Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for appointment by the corrupt few." -- George Bernard Shaw (1856 - 1950)