[nflug] RE: Burning a CD-R

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Thu Dec 22 16:13:41 EST 2005

Ron Maggio wrote:
> Hi, all
> Thanks for all the suggestion, but this beats the whole purpose of
> getting away from Windows. If I or anyone else has to jump through
> hoops of fire, then Linux has a long way to go! In order for Linux to
> meet or beat Windows for the desktop it must be able to work right out
> of the box with no number of great ordeals along the way.
> I thought, I was able to get use my I/O Magic a standard cd-burner.
> But from my experience, I've found nothing but! I'm not going to
> purchase special hardware that Linux will work with, so if you want a
> good deal on books and software about Linux and Unix email me.
>
> Thanks, Ron M

IT'S YOUR KERNEL, NOT LINUX!

I didn't know Linux was "competing for the desktop". Here I thought it
was an alternative for people who don't want to use crappy expensive
software...

And if you think there's not hardware that Windows doesn't work well
with, you would be wrong.

P.S. - Try Ubuntu, since what you describe matches very closely to their
philosophy.
--
Jesse Jarzynka
Cyber Source