[nflug] ldap stuff

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 19 03:38:20 EST 2005

It's been a while since I've played with LDAP, However, as I recall a user can edit their own
information only. LDAP should be only information that not frequently changed. Mozilla's
address book is setup as an LDAP type system and supposedly can be converted to OpenLDAP. There
may even be utilities that convert M$ Active Directory to OpenLDAP format. Have you looked at

http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/quickstart.html
or
http://www.icewarp.com/support/FAQ/Merak_Mail_Server/Tutorial_How_to_use_LDAP.html?PHPSESSID=5a6cd6c8eabc998d81f18f065d1c3366

Hope this helps.