[nflug] Seeking a SOHO router/NAT device (with requirements)

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 11 13:02:55 EST 2005

Actually, there a project openwrt that allows you to
install linux on the linksys wrtg-54. then the world
is your oyster. Ospf routing? No problem install
Zebra. Asterisk? Ok. Openvpn? You get the idea.

http://www.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?blobcol=urldata&blobheadername1=Content-Type&blobheadername2=Content-Disposition&blobheadervalue1=application%2Fpdf&blobheadervalue2=inline%3B+filename%3Dwrt54g-v5_ug.pdf&blobkey=id&blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobwhere=1130280065091&ssbinary=true

http://www.dlink.com/products/support.asp?pid=62&pv=17&sec=1

> > The manual can be found at:

ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Gateway/di604_revE1/Manual/di604_manual_206.zip

> > Of interest are pages 21 (Advanced->Virtual
> Server) and page 29
> > (Advanced->Filters->Firewall)
> >
> > The A,B,C revisions of the device make no mention
> of "Virtual Servers" in
> > the Firewall section of their manual.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win
- Mohandas Gandhi