[nflug] RE: Red Hat 7.2

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Wed Dec 7 09:39:02 EST 2005

On Wed, Dec 07, 2005 at 04:21:10AM -0800, Ron Maggio wrote:
>   Gainward/CardExpert PCI (this system has no AGP)
>   TXT2 M64 32mb Video Ram

Hmm, I suspect that's a TNT2, which should be usable under most with the nv driver. It may not be 3d-accelerated, but it should be sufficient for desktop apps...

If you look at the manpage for nv(4), you'll see RIVA TNT2 listed. I'm specifically checking on Fedora Core, but most everything else should be using about the same version of X.

What distros have you tried before, and what happened when it tried to bring up X? It may just be that it hadn't correctly detected your monitor and set the appropriate refresh rates.

best,
--
David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us