[nflug] RE: Copy of Red Hat 7.2

David W. Aquilina david at starkindler.us
Tue Dec 6 15:19:07 EST 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 02:25:15PM -0800, ptgoodman wrote:
> <head>
>   <title></title>
> </head>
> Hi Ron,<br>
> I have a set of the original Red Hat 7.<u>3</u> distribution CDs. If
> interested, it would only be a matter of getting them to you.<br>
> It's not "End of Life". I'm curious as to why anyone would say that
> when they no doubt jumped on the bandwagon when it became available.
> But, being a Luddite, I've never seen the need to update daily or adopt
> the very newest HW or SW. Don't fix it if it ain't broke. OTOH, having
> more than 64 KB is more than just a luxury.<br>
> ptg<br>

HTML e-mail is horribly annoying. Did you really need to add a bunch of crud to underline a single character? Would _other_ notation not have sufficied?

And it's not a question of getting the latest and greatest versions of whatever package you may want. It's a matter of getting security updates to your existing packages. Linux is *not* invulnerable - when (not if) you get compromised, your system will be contributing just as much as a Windows system to the spam and other crap that's flooding the internet.

If the original poster would be so kind as to reply with his requirements for the system and the system's specifications, I'm sure someone on the list could suggest a distribution which is currently receiving security updates so the system doesn't become yet another festering pimple on the face of the internet...

--
David W. Aquilina
david at starkindler.us