[nflug] gentoo/alsa/kernel question

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 09:27:02 EST 2005

--- "Robert F. Stockdale IV" <javabob at adelphia.net> wrote:

> That's interesting Dave I'll have to try that myself next time I
> recompile the kernel. I've always compiled alsa into the kernel since
> I've been running Gentoo (about a year now). Alsa has been flawless this
> way. Is there a need to run the latest alsa? Have there been
> improvements or bug fixes? Just curious?
> Bob

I had needed the latest ALSA for some reason or another, and fought a little
trying to figure out how to use the external ALSA.  Ever sicne then I've just
used the external one as it allowed me to not have to run the latest/greatest
kernel and still have the most recent ALSA.  Tehre were a few bugs related to
my card (emu10k) as well and that was another reason for me to want the latest
ALSA.

Dave J. Andruczyk