[nflug] cdrecord woes

Ron Maggio ronmaggio2005 at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 1 08:25:22 EST 2005

Hi, John
 FC 4 installed roast, but have not tried it yet. From what I've read others do, have you tried a roll back to the older kernel or software? I have very little knowledge on this, much less any other subject about Linux, (I'm trying) I do remember seeing roast being installed before on other flavors, but I have no opinion on it till I start to use it. I see your still kicking around with Debian, how do you like it, and what version did you install?

 Ron:)

JJ Neff <jjneff at yahoo.com> wrote: cdrecord has been busting my hump since 2.6 kernel first reared.  I was still
able to burn a cd to an external 4X acer (USB) but my internal DVD burner never
got to burn (once- but I'm not sure what alignment the stars might have been in
to get that one to go)
Well now under 2.6.12-1-686 (debian testing) I can't get anything to burn -
cd-R media will not get recognized in either burner.  Even my trusty slow
external keeps telling me bad /wrong media no matter what I stick in it (get
yer head out of the gutters!)

Last night after an update/upgrade I noticed cdrecord was upgraded but t made
not difference.  Still no media is being recognized as valid in the burner.
Any links about 2.6.12 or the like would be appreciated...

Thanks

Oh also any other tools besides cdrecord able to work cd burners under Linux?

I can burn dvds just fine with dvd+rw-tools ...

 Yahoo! Personals