testing motherboard & cpu

Josh Johnson joshj at linuxmail.org
Wed Aug 24 14:38:54 EDT 2005

I've found that the power light isn't a good indication of whether the
Power Supply is working or not. You can get a power supply tester from
compUSA. But even that isn't fool proof. The only way to know for sure is
to take a known-working PS from another computer (compatable ie. not dell
or other proprietary) and try it out. After that the next step (as has
already been mentioned) would be to take known-working RAM and a
video-card (if required) and see if you can get it to POST. if that
doesn't work then hopefully you have a known-working processor that is
compatible with the mobo.

Good Luck!

-JoshJ
http://lotuseaters.no-ip.com