Ubuntu Help

Peter Diachun comcoco at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 22 13:12:53 EDT 2005

8/22/05

Experienced Ubuntu Linux Users,

I am new to Linux.  Over the years I have tried several Linux
distributions and have not been successful.  A few months ago I
discovered Ubuntu and have embraced it completely.  It installs easily
and works nicely on my machines with easy configuration settings I can
do myself.  Unfortunately, I am not very computer knowledgeable and have
not been able to get it to do a few things I need to allow me to
completely replace Windows.  For example, I can not use my printers on
Ubuntu.  Another example is that I can network (share files) from
Windows machines, but the Ubuntu machines are not recognized by the
Windows machines or each other, as if they had not been given permission
to share.  I have tried in both these examples to use the Ubuntu
programs of Printer and Samba respectively.  I do not know the answers
to the questions they ask.  I also need to install a few programs which
I know are available for Linux, but am not able to install without help.
I really want to learn to do these things myself, but I need some help
learning.

I need someone to guide me--teacher, tutor, or consultant.  Who uses
Ubuntu and is willing to help me?  I am willing to pay for this help.

Peter

--
Peter Diachun
2073 Lake Road