apache htpasswd

Justin Bennett Justin.Bennett at dynabrade.com
Wed Aug 3 08:13:50 EDT 2005

I have a world accessible site like an intranet site with some company
information on it. I have an htpassword scheme to control user access.
For the most part it's not a problem, however we have certain groups
within the company that use this system that have a generic
username/password. I would like to restrict these users to only be able
to access the site from inside the building.

so If user = generic user and network = 192.168.x.0/255.255.255.0
then let them in

other users login from any address

Maybe this is possible with two password files?

Thanks
Justin

--
Justin Bennett