SMBFS Mount with fstab?

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Thu Apr 14 14:04:31 EDT 2005

Ok, here is a quickie,

NFS Sharing Setup

Server setup:

1. Add an entry in /etc/exports that will be what you want to share. One
line format as "/Files 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0(rw)". This will share
the directory (and everything under it) /Files for all on the local
subnet with read/write permissions.
2. For security, put "portmap:ALL" in /etc/hosts.deny, this will prevent
scanning for nfs shares,etc.
3. Edit /etc/hosts.allow and put "portmap: 192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0",
this will let anyone on the local subnet add your shares from /etc/exports.
4. Make sure the services "portmap" and "nfs" are running.

Client setup:

1. Create the mountpoint that you want for the share.
2. Edit your /etc/fstab file as "192.168.1.220:/Files     /Files
nfs    rsize=8192,wsize=8192,timeo=14,intr". This will add the share of
the directory /Files on the server at 192.168.1.220 and mount it on your
system at /Files. The other configs are for how the share acts and are
defaults.