SMBFS Mount with fstab?

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 14 09:21:43 EDT 2005

The real question that I have is that if you're mounting Linux shares to a
Linux box, why are you using SMB which loses all the permission, ownership,
etc. information?  If you use NFS, you will maintain all of that information
(as long as usernames and userid numbers/group numbers) are consistant across
the systems.

Cheers!

Bob