Slack 10.1 can't mount usb thumb drive

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Tue Apr 5 03:38:12 EDT 2005

For what it's worth, I use a 2.4 kernel (Mandrake 9.1) and though my usb
drive is a bit bumpy, I can always get it to work (usually by
disconnecting and reconnecting it) - although I've had to reboot once or
twice to get it recognized (as /dev/sda1).  So, 2.4 can do it, if not
elegantly.

Joe

--
Imagination is more important than knowledge. -Albert Einstein