modem thread

Ted Draper Ted.Draper at trekinc.com
Mon Apr 4 07:31:23 EDT 2005

I'd love to switch to to another ISP to be able to connect to the net.  I don't want to pay for two services and the wife hates change.  She'd raise holy hell if I wanted to change just so I could surf with Linux!  LOL!  I haven't had any luck yet with my modem.  I think I just have it configured wrong.  When I go through the modem wizard and enter all my information, I hit activate and it seems to run through a script and then I get an error 8.  Anyone know what that means?  I don't seem to get the dial tone so I figure that's what it is.  Anyone else have problems with their wives?  LOL, just kidding.  I brought the Linux for dummies book because I really am a dummie when it comes to the new linux system.  Gee, I had problems just trying to change directories!!  Doesn't work like Dos.  Ok, guy's have a good one and keep putting out the great advice!  Much appreciated.