chown

Advent Systems adventsystems at verizon.net
Sat Apr 2 03:51:11 EST 2005

Guys,
    I need to change the ownership of LOTS of files.  There are approx
50 sub-directorys, most with sub-sub directorys which have 15-20 files
in each.  From what I gathered from the man pages I should be using the
-R option with chown but it starts to change the ownership then I get
the message: "Operation not supported".  I can go into each directory
and change the ownership with "chown <new owner> *" but this is taking
forever and It seems there has to be a better way?

Thanks'
Bob Randal