Org Charts using Linux?

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Thu Sep 30 17:01:08 EDT 2004

Hi.  I want to make a fairly simple organization chart using Linux.
I am looking for a tool that makes this easy to do.  I do not have time
to learn a full blown graphics program to do this (I'm clueless about gimp).

I need to make boxes around names, etc. and have a few lines of text in
each box.
I would like lines to some boxes and arrows to others.  I would also
like to be able to add some dashed lines across the page and some other
annotations and arrows outside the boxes.

I have not done this before (even on Windoze).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe

--
"I hope we shall crush in its birth the aristocracy of our monied corporations which dare already to challenge our government to a trial of strength, and bid defiance to the laws our country." -- Thomas Jefferson, 1816