Special Characters

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 09:33:50 EDT 2004

Well what are you trying to do?  the GTK project has some docs for GLIB's
string utility functions, (g_strcompress and g_strescape) that handle escape
sequences in textual strings and either delimit (g_strescape) or remove
delimiters (g_strcompress).  I use their functions so that I can use extended
ascii chars in my config files for one of the programs I am currently
developing..  they have a list ov what chars they delimit in their docs

www.gtk.org, click on API reference and select glib under the gtk+-2.x section
scroll down and select string utility functions and look for
g_strcompress/g_strescape.

--- green_man <green_man at bluefrog.biz> wrote:

> Some programs change the the special characters in file names, paths, or
> URLs when you try to copy/paste them.
> For instance, I have figured out that :
> %2F    means  /
> %27    means "blank"
> %20    means  _  [underscore]
> %3A    means :  [colon]
> %3d    means = [equal]
> Is there a table somewhere that lists all of these codes for the special
> characters ?
> I would Google it, but I have no idea what keywords  to use to describe it.
>
> AIA,
>
> --
> The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.
>
> Scott
> Netscape 7.0 Mail

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk