Introducing myself

Matt Brown matt at brownbuffalo.com
Wed Sep 22 15:20:06 EDT 2004

I've been lurking on this group for a while .. I found you guys when I
was searching for a Linux Users group in the WNY area.

My linux experience has mostly been over the last 6 months. I'm just
about converted .. with only one computer on Windows 98, and all the
others on Redhat. I even have Redhat on my wife's laptop, and
sucessfully using a wi-fi connection to the wireless router.

My job at work is supporting MS Sql Server, Oracle, and various
applications. We've been playing with Linux a bit here at work, along
with Apache, PHP and MySQL. I helped set up a PHPNuke site for my group
to share information and events.

I'm also an amateur radio operator and have a machine running linux for
my IRLP (Internet Radio Linking) node. You can read more about it at my
website at http://brownbuffalo.com

As for the meeting on Sunday, I'm looking forward to being there --
this will be my first one. Could anyone tell me what the format of the
meeting is like? Is there a program or presentation?

Thanks,

Matt Brown K2EAG
Lockport, NY
http://BrownBuffalo.com