News: Beware of GTK+

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 20 09:46:47 EDT 2004

the GTK+ people released a new release 2.4.10 on sept 18th, within 1 day of
that article...  Now wouldn't it be nice if MS released a patch/fix for their
(much more serious bugs) in IE/WinXP within that timeframe...  I guess if they
did,  there wouldn't be as much interest in linux and other OS's

--- green_man <green_man at bluefrog.biz> wrote:

> eWeek News Story:
>
> [qoute]
> Security
> Code Flaws Open Linux Apps to Attack
> By Daniel Drew Turner
> September 17, 2004
>

> Vulnerabilities in code libraries that could potentially affect
> open-source programs using the GUI toolkit GTK+ were reported on the
> security Web site Secunia on Thursday. As initially discovered by Chris
> Evans, these problems could theoretically be exploited to spark a DDoS
> (distributed denial of service) attack and otherwise compromise a
> computer system.
> [end quote]
>
> Note he said "theoretically".
> The full story is here.
>
> --
> The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.
>
> Scott
> Netscape 7.0 Mail

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk