finally- GnuCash

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Tue Sep 7 08:59:33 EDT 2004

What version of GnuCash are you using, I have 1.8.9 and it has the
online banking stuff (HBCI), although I don't use it. I just use web
banking and then see what transactions I might not have, etc. I don't
need to download anything from the bank and have it try to reconcile and
balance for me, I never liked the idea of all that anyway.
What version of GIMP are you using, I have 2.0.4 and it's way more than
I'll ever need. I use it to crop and resize (probably what most use an
app like this for) and find it very easy, I've even made some animation
*.gif's with it. I never used PS so I didn't have to rethink methods but
I found it pretty easy to use. My son Jesse /used/ to be a PS user,
maybe he can chime in on this one......
As far as gaming, it's just a matter of (not much) time. I've seen
clients routinely plunk down excess of $400 for video cards just to play
M$ Flight Simulator! And then they STILL look like crap and run like
shit, and this is of course all running on the latest and greatest XP
Pro. All with the latest drivers, AGP tweaking, you wouldn't believe the
work they go through to try and get there M$ gaming to work right,
always throwing hardware at software issues. I can put a $50 GeForce in
my Linux box and get better video performance than there $400 dollar M$
counterparts and I gotta believe that the companys that are starting to
put out Linux laptops and desktops (HP and IBM) as well as programmers,
know this too. Games like Enemy Territory and Unreal Tournament (Jesse
can chime in about this one too), show that Linux gaming is here, it
just has some catching up to do as far as quantity of choice.