libusb on FC2

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Thu Oct 28 16:30:14 EDT 2004

I tried the addition to /etc/fstab and it did NOT work. Do you have any
other ideas. I really appreciate the help. By the way here is the
section from the scanner HOWTO on networking a scanner.

      4.2.2. Across a Network

If you are interested in making scanner services available across a
network from or to a remote machine, you will need to edit the
saned.conf file in the configuration directory of the /server/ (the
computer with the scanner), whether /etc/sane.d or
/usr/local/etc/sane.d. It usually consists of an entry
'scan-client.somedomain.firm' that will need to be replaced with the
hostname of the client you want to be able to use the server's scanner.
If you prefer an IP address this can be used instead.

The saned daemon will need to be run as well as inetd or xined on the
server. See *man saned* for the exact changes required to inetd.conf or
xined.conf. In addition port 6566 will need to be added to the
/etc/services file:

sane 6566/tcp

The client computer (without the scanner) will need net.conf edited to
include the server machine name, i.e., 'scan-server.somedomain.firm.'

Also for the client(s), be sure the entry "net" isn't commented out in
the dll.conf file.