PHP Experience

Timothy J. Finucane speljamr at speljamr.com
Wed Oct 27 21:49:58 EDT 2004

Your problem appears to be some conflicting terms. Timestamp, when
refered to in the PHP date() function, refers to a Unix Timestamp. The
timestamp data type in MySQL is not a Unix Timestamp. To run the date
function on the output from MySQL you need to convert the date to a Unix
Timestamp. You can do this with the UNIX_TIMESTAMP function in MySQL
(http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/Date_and_time_functions.html) or with
the PHP strtotime() function
(http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.strtotime.php)

That should clear up your date issue.

Take a look at these two pages:

http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/TIMESTAMP_pre-4.1.html

http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

Tim

--
“They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.”    —Benjamin Franklin