Linux Loves Legacy ?

green_man green_man at bluefrog.biz
Wed Oct 20 16:37:11 EDT 2004

I have heard that Linux loves legacy hardware - the newest stuff
probably won't work, but older equipment people have had more time to
fool around with.
Here's the situation:
I have a Fujitsu DL2600 *DOT MATRIX* printer that works flawlessly in
Windows 95B, but doesn't in Windows 98 SE - I gave up trying after way
too much grief and aggravation.
Consequently, I have never even attempted to get it to work in Linux.
If I needed to print something, I would put the file on a floppy and put
it in the Win 95 box to print it.
I find myself needing to print something, but the old 486DX66, which I
have not powered up in a year, refuses to boot.
Does anybody in NFLUG use, or in the past had any success using, a dot
matrix printer on a linux box ?
If so, what do I need to do to get it recognized ?
I have never attempted to configure a Linux printer, so I am starting at
somewhere less than square one.
Any Input Appreciated,

--
The sole purpose of my life is, apparently, to test my sanity.

Scott
Netscape 7.0 Mail