Off-Topic, XP Reinstall

Kenneth Lawson kennethlawson2000 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 14:54:56 EDT 2004

Hello;

   I know this is a linux user group but I have a windows
question/problems, and really don't know anyone who knows more them me
about windows to ask. (I live in Allegheny Country, in the country)

     The question is this, I reinstalled xp last week  I seem to have
everything up and going ok but I also seem to have two copies of XP on
my hd.when I boot I get a menu asking which one I want to use. I'm
using the first one. I tried the second one and it wanted to regeisitor
that copy of xp. So I backed out and restarted with the first copy. Do
I need to reinstall everything again or what? Also I apparently didn't
get the audio drivers or codecs installed because I don't have any
sound on the machine at all, other then beeps. Also my Works 2000
crashes the whole system, which never happened before.

  If any of you have run into something like before and are interested
in  giving me a hand I would appreciate it.

  Thanks for your imput,

  Ken Lawson

=====
Ken & Nancy Lawson