backgrounds

Nathanial A. Byrnes nate at qabal.org
Tue Oct 19 13:22:29 EDT 2004

	Someone please correct me if I am mistaken, but: I don't think there is
a gnome provided method to change the BG image when you change to a
different desktop. There may also be a separate program that can do
this, but I have looked in the past and not found one. (There are a
couple of programs to change your BG at random or at some interval).
	I know if you were to use a different window manager than metacity, you
could configure the WM to do this for you. I think enlightenment has
some support for this, I am pretty sure you could do it with FVWM, and
perhaps sawfish, or one of the other really configurable WMs. For a
fairly complete list of window managers take a look at:
http://xwinman.org/ .
	Good Luck,
	Nate