RealPlayer 10 Codec Question

David Mangani dmangani at adelphia.net
Mon Oct 18 19:53:05 EDT 2004

Hi all,

    I recently downloaded RealPlayer10 for linux. Over all it seems to
work pretty good. The problem I am having is that some sites, actually
alot of sites seem to use older codecs. The new RealPlayer won't play
them and the error it gives says that this site is using older
unsupported codecs. It then advises to tell the site in question to
update its codecs. Not a real likely option. It gives no option to
download and install the older codecs. Anyone know how this can be done,
or where to get the older codecs from? I hope you don't tell me to use
Mplayer etc. I would like to get this working. On the windows side of
things, I click the same link and the player searches for and installs
the older codecs. There must be a way to do the same in Linux.

Thanks in advance.
Dave