The FreeBSD Project

Ronald Maggio ron_maggio2004 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 15 13:27:17 EDT 2004

Dennis Ruzeski <dennisr at corp.kanoodle.com> wrote:It doesn't matter which you install first, but whatever you do, use grub for the bootloader- It's way easier then the freebsd version...  Also, make sure that there's no mca bus stuff in there-- Definitely does not play well with freebsd.

--Dennis

Hi,

Mmmm this older version of Mandrake uses Lilo. Its an old box so I don't think I'm going to try installing modern Mandrake on it. Haven't gotten to the part in the book that talks about boot loaders yet, and what kind this release of FreeBSD uses. I did read about MCA bus stuff while thumbing through the book, but this system only has PCI & ISA buses. So I think its a go'er!
Thanks for your input.

Ron