RTF (Rich Text Format)

Stephen Burke qfwfq at adelphia.net
Sun Nov 21 03:31:35 EST 2004

Hello,

It seems strange that OpenOffice wouldn't clear up your problem. I have
used for rtf docs before with varying degrees of success. However, I
recently noticed  that abiword seemed to be pretty good at handling M$
crap, too, and it's not nearly such a pig to load as OpenOffice seems to
be (although that part seems to change depending on the window manager) .

Definitely  try abiword before submitting (or allowing your wife to
submit) to the dark lord.
You can get it here:

http://www.abisource.com/download

I would imagine that the RH9 rpms would work for SuSE, as I have
installed various RH rpms here on 8.2, but there are sources there too,
if that doesn't work and you want more practice compiling, etc.
S.