FC3 Audio CD Problems

David Mangani dmangani at adelphia.net
Tue Nov 16 17:28:51 EST 2004

Hi all. I am having a problem. My cdrom drive works fine with data cd's
but will not play audio cd/s at all. I get an error

> /dev/hda: Input/output error
> mount: /dev/hda: can't read superblock

This is a brand new problem since installing FC3. I also tried as root
user with no luck. I read in another forum that some people have had
trouble with this issue so I tried it just to see. It seems I have this
issue as well. I haven't seen a solution, although one poster made a
passing reference to this and that is was easily solved. Unfortunately
he was replying to a previous post with lots of questions and he only
just touched on some of the issues. Any one run into this or know what
could be wrong? FYI, the cd's are good, they play fine in another player.

Thx

Dave