FC3 Nvidia Drivers

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Sun Nov 14 13:11:11 EST 2004

David Mangani wrote:
> Cyber Source wrote:
>
>> Jesse knows the answer to this one as he has been putting FC3 through
>> some paces, I have yet to play ;(
>> He mentioned something to me about it, I know it can be fixed but I
>> forget what he said  he had to do, Jesse?.....
>>
>> Frank Kumro wrote:
>>
>>> Has anyone found a way to use the current NVidia drivers with FC3? I
>>> have searched the web but I couldnt find anything. Currently the
>>> computer freezes boothing with the drivers installed. This seems to be
>>> a common problem with FC3 so hopefully someone has figured something
>>> out or knows of a fix that I missed.
>>>

> I'd like to know this answer as well. I spent most of last night trying
> to get the drivers to work. I had no luck either. My machine seemed to
> install okay with no errors. Apon rebooting, it froze at configuring
> kernel parameters. Hard locked. Oh well. I'm sure it will be worked out.
>
> Dave

K guys, this drover me nuts for liek a day. It's real simple, and it's
even in the release notes. If you go http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/udev/
there, you will see it. It's a udev thing, I don't really understand it
but basically you have to:

cp -a /dev/nvidia* /etc/udev/devices
chown root.root /etc/udev/devices/nvidia*

So that's it. Real simple, but annoying. One thing, make sure you're
using the latest 6629 driver, and make sure you do that step AFTER you
install the driver. -Jesse