FC3 - ClamAV

Frank Kumro fkumro at gmail.com
Thu Nov 11 09:41:37 EST 2004

I need to install ClamAV (or any virus scanner) on my local linux
machine which is running FC3. When I tried to execute a apt-get
install clamav I get an error about missing deps for libcurl.so
however I do have libcurl.so.2 installed. I grabbed the source to
clamav and was going to compile it myself. So I did a ./configure
--sysconfdir=/etc and all worked fine. No errors - however when I
executed make I recieved the following error

gcc: /usr/lib/libidn.so: No such file or directory
make[2]: *** [libclamav.la] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/clamav-0.80/libclamav'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/clamav-0.80'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Since it cant find libidn I thought it wasnt installed but then I executed
# whereis libidn
libidn: /usr/lib/libidn.la

What should I do from here? It says its installed however the compiler
cannot find it.
--
Frank
Shenanigans!!