FTP client problem

Michael Phillips linux478 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 7 19:08:07 EST 2004

Hello guys,
     I am have problems with the ftp client.  I have a website that is hosted
on catalog.com.  I can login to the account fine.  I can change the directory
to the one I want.  The problem is when it use the command put.  The command
hangs when it is transfering the file.  I can use another computer with linux
on it and it works fine.  The only thing that I have been doing that might
affect this is compiling a new kernel.

The computer that the ftp does not work kernel is:
Linux laptop 2.6.8-mdp04 #1 Fri Nov 5 23:01:26 EST 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

The computer that the ftp does work kernel is:
Linux tower 2.4.26-1-386 #2 Sat May 1 16:31:24 EST 2004 i686 GNU/Linux

Both systems has Debian Sarge installed on them.

Any help would be appreciated

Michael