Hardware - Usb2

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Sat Nov 6 14:01:34 EST 2004

I just tried to plug a new 4-port powered usb2 hub that I've never used
before into my old notebook (usb 1.1) docking bay usb port.  The
notebook was turned off, so no software was involved.
When I plugged it in the green power/charging led turned red and another
indicator led lit up (I haven't looked up what it means yet).  When I
unplug the hub the leds go back to normal.

I tried plugging in the hub with the hub power block disconnected and
things stay normal.

I did not leave it connected for more than a few seconds each time.

Any ideas what's going on?

Are there issues with using a usb 2 hub on a usb 1.1 computer?

Thanks.

Joe

--
"The law does not allow me to testify on any aspect of the National Security Agency, even to the Senate Intelligence Committee." -- General Allen, Director of the NSA, 1975