Disk Partition Percentage

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Sat Nov 6 10:04:05 EST 2004

This one is gonna get some response. I like to keep it simple. Alot of
guys like to keep separate partitions for /home and stuff. I prefer the
way RedHat does for normal desktops and that is with a /boot partition a
/ partition and a swap partition. Then you only need to dump the /boot
and / partitions. Any changes needed later can be made with symbolic
links or in /etc/fstab for different locations to different drives, etc.
That can be change a hell of alot easier than moving partitions around
on a drive, and since changes can be made so easily with sym links and
the /etc/fstab file, it kind of makes it a moot point. IMHO