new

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Thu Nov 4 14:18:28 EST 2004

you'll want to use the LVM (logical volume management) or md ( software
raid) to span the 2 drives. LVM is far more flexable then md but it's
also more complex. as for you drives sda is scsi drive 0 and sdb is scsi
drive 1.

keep in mind that you'll have no redundancy if you span a filesystem
across 2 drives. if one of your drives takes a dive you'll loose
everything on that filesystem. you might be better off making 2
filesystem and splitting you users across the 2, /home1 and /home2 or
something like that.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator