Off topic - Windoze networking /Ghost

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Wed Nov 3 20:14:43 EST 2004

Hi. Windoze (98 se) question:  Could someone spend a few minutes (on the
phone, preferably) to talk me through getting Windoze networking
(ethernet)  going between my notebook and desktop.  It almost works, but
not quite.  I'm pretty sure the hardware is all fine and the
configuration is partially correct.

That will be somewhat useful, but my main goal is to get the network
connection working so I can back up the notebook to the desktop using
ghost.  I don't know quite enough to get it all set up correctly and I
don't have a manual.  I bought a disk-only version.

If someone has some time, please email me off list.

BTW, I'm sure I could work with the desktop using Linux (and not have to
use ghost), but I've seen so many posts on Samba configuration issues,
that I don't think I want to try to tackle that approach.

Thanks.

Joe

--
"To resort to power one need not be violent, and to speak to conscience one need not be meek. The most effective action both resorts to power and engages conscience." --Barbara Deming (1917-____) US author, pacifist, political activist