root privlages

Michael Phillips linux478 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 3 05:07:31 EST 2004

If you want a normal user to be able to copy files, you need to mount the drive
as a normal user.  In your /etc add the following line:

/dev/sda1       /mnt/usbdrive   ntfs    ro,user,noauto  0       0

This will allow any user to mount the drive.  The user who mounts the drive
will get permission to it.  man mount and man fstab commands will help you
further.

Michael