!$@#%!! 802.11G cards

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 11:31:21 EDT 2004

Well, actually, I was probing the hardware and it found the devices but there
were no drivers for them.  Very annoying.

As far as the whole printing issue, as I recall, you had the same problem with
the various species of RedCrap  that you played with :-)  In fact, I remember
watching several reinstalls after printing in Fedora got hosed over by many
flavors of printing software trying to print to an Epson something or other, so
don't even go there.  This is the first time that I've had a problem with
printing, although this is my first real test of USB printing.

As I recall, there is a bug in the CUPS code that may require a patch to fix.
You really can't research this stuff when you're in the store, trying to figger
something out.

Cheers!

Bob