!$@#%!! 802.11G cards

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Fri May 28 10:08:20 EDT 2004

OK, so I went to one of the local computer outlets with my laptop with Mandrake
10.0 community on it and started shoving 802.11G PCMCIA cards in it.  Not a
single one worked.  I tried Linksys (Cisco) which it turns out was a broadcom
chip, Dlink and both types with stock and their proprietary 'enhanced' 802.11G
cards.  WE ARE NOT AMUSED!

Yesterday was my birthday and I wanted to buy myself a present, namely a
wireless card, but I can't find one that works.

Does anyone know where I can find an 802.11G card that will work with Linux and
which ones will work?  I decided to quit trying to do anything yesterday after
the PCMCIA situation and then I tried a USB printer.  It printed the first job
and then started saying that the printer was not connected and refused to do
anything more.  It's a good thing I don't drink...  Maybe I should start.

Anyway, I want a portable printer and an 802.11G card that both work with
Linux.  Any ideas?

Cheers!

Bob