Newbie Questions

Robert Wolfe robert_todd at adelphia.net
Fri May 28 08:24:58 EDT 2004

On Thu, 2004-05-27 at 20:37, David Dudek wrote:

> Also, someone should have mentioned this before, but since Red Hat 9 has
> been end-of-lifed, I would recommend using a different newer distribution
> with better driver support.  For a newbie, I would use Mandrake 10, the
> latest SuSE or Fedora Core.  For troubleshooting purposes, I would
> strongly recommend using the Knoppix live CD.  It generally has very good
> driver support.  For a newbie, it's really not a bad distribution to use
> either.

Yeah, installed SuSE 9.1 here at home the other night.  Really cool
distro =)  Haven't been having the networking problems (YET!) I was
having with SuSE 9.0.  Heh which reminds me, we got TONS of Linux users
calling in last night that were setting up Linux on their home boxes --
is this a sign of things to come?  Maybe :)