solaris 9 gcc

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 21:49:58 EDT 2004

Well, you need to do this if you have BASH:

CC=gcc
export CC

If you are using tcsh as your shell, type:

setenv CC gcc

You might have to include the full path to gcc if you've stuffed it someplace
that's not in your default search path.

You can find the system startup files (/etc/profile) or some such and put those
commands there.  This is how the compiler is found by 'make' when you try to
build something.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Bob